Now that I have successfully recovered from eye surgery (more or less, my everyday life has gone back to normal at least) and the weather has warmed up, it is time to get moving on some household projects. It is time to:
- Relandscape the front yard so it doesn’t look like a wasteland with only some rocks and two twig trees to claim that someone lives there. We are thinking some low maintenance shrubs, but they can be so expensive! I don’t want to spend a fortune on the front yard, but I have some ideas that could be fun and inexpensive…I’ll keep you posted if those come to fruition.
- Start working on getting our yard into shape. The previous owners of our house had three big dogs (2 great danes and a bloodhound). Needless to say, they destroyed the backyard. We have patches of grass that are yellow and others that are simply missing grass. We also have a fair amount of weeds growing…who knew that grass could be so complicated!
- We also need to put a ring around the birch tree in our backyard. It is the only real tree we have and it will no longer be if Arccos keeps using that as his consistent watering spot. Also, the grass is in such bad shape around there that a tree ring will probably be the best option.
- Finish the master bedroom. One of the first weekends after we moved in, we decided to paint the master bedroom. However, we were planning on putting up crown moulding so we never finished the top cleanly. It is finally time to stain that sucker and get it up! Also, we need to finish the window valences we are planning on. After that we may eventually start and finish the headboard we are planning. Can I just have a finished bedroom?!
- After we get the master done, we might have a chance to paint and add moulding to my current office and then add moulding to the guest bedroom/LD’s office. Hopefully, this will be done by the end of the year, but I am not holding my breath.
Wow! So much to do and so little time!!! I better hop to it! What spring projects do you have in the works?