People always tells you that you will get no time for yourself after having a baby. What they don’t tell you is the fact that after you get a dog, you will never do anything alone again. That is not as exciting as you think.
Here is what I no longer do alone:
- Nap. They always want to cuddle or if you are LD, cuddle and place some good kicks.
- Use the restroom. If you can’t do your business without someone staring at you, don’t get a dog.
- Shower. Arccos likes to try to lick the water off the curtain. I wish for my own space.
- Read. Somehow a paw or head will always end up on the page you were in the middle of.
- Eat. Another thing that you have to be able to do with eyes staring at you. Seriously, it helps with your diet if you are already feeling guilty about those sweets, but not always a good thing.
- Sweep. With more dog hair, you will have to sweep more. If you have a dog like Tasha that means you will have to re-sweep more because she loves to play in the piles.
What do you no longer do on your own because of your dogs?