I apologize if my sentences are less than coherent this morning. We were awoken around 3am this morning because Tasha got sick. Not, needs to go to the vet sick, but sick enough that it definitely cannot wait until morning and you have to clean up a fair amount of mess. In short, I’m tired.
Photo credit: Infomastern / Foter / CC BY-SA
Anyway, today’s post is about easy changes you can make to save money. Sometimes, it is a few pennies and at other times it might be significant chunks of money.
1. Trade out cereal for homemade instant oatmeal. Check pinterest as there are several great recipes!
2. Trade out coffee shop coffee for coffee made at home.
3. Trade out disposable items for reusable. For example, swiffer sweeper pads can be traded out for a dust mop if you aren’t craftsy or make your own with fleece if you are.
4. Trade out cable for netflix or hulu.
5. Trade out convenience items for DIY. For example, stop buying store bread and make your own. Use dried beans rather than canned.
6. Trade out expensive beauty products for drugstore brands. Not all beauty products are created equal so ask around about brands that people with similar hair texture or skin tone/type like. Sometimes less expensive works better for people.
7. Trade out going to the movies at night to going on a discount night (Marcus Theaters has $5 on Tuesdays in some areas of the country) or a matinee.
8. Trade out shopping as a hobby with sewing. Still get great clothes, but costs significantly less. Plus, you can design your own styles.
9. Trade out your gym membership for working out at home or outside.
10. Trade out frozen, takeout, or delivery pizza for homemade. You might even get your pizza faster than if you were to order delivery.
Do you have any more trade-out ideas? I would love to make this list extend to 100 different trade-outs!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affliate links. That means I receive some money if you buy them. However, all of the opinions contained in this post are my own.