Everybody has these weird little habits that they think are perfectly normal, but to be honest are incredibly weird from nearly any outside opinion. I think that these habits are what make us endearing to those that love us most. At least, that’s my hope as I definitely have a lot of quirks. My dogs are no different. They have these little quirks that make me laugh all day long and I could not be more grateful for it.
- When I am in the shower, Arccos likes to make sure I am ok. So, he runs to the side of the shower curtain that is near the faucet and pokes his head in and waits to get my attention, once he runs to the other side of the shower curtain and waits to get my attention again. When he does, he then goes to cuddle with Tasha on the mat next to the sink until he decides I need to be checked on again and repeats the process.
- After I get out of the shower, he likes to lick my knee and calf to help me dry off. He isn’t thirsty and he doesn’t do it to LD, just me.
- When he gets excited, instead of running around like Tasha does, he just sits there and shakes. The faster he’s shaking, the more excited he is.
- When she sits on the couch with LD and I, she likes to stretch her feet out in front of her and use us or the back of the couch to keep her balanced. I think she likes to just really relax and let it all hang out.
- She tends to like to get held like a baby with her feet in the air. Many dogs are fearful of this, but if you hold her upright, she will try to squirm into this position. Even when we have a party filled with people she doesn’t know, she likes to get held this way and passed around like a baby. I know she doesn’t think she is human, she just likes to be comfortable.
- We have had a few cold nights and since then, she likes getting tucked in at night. She doesn’t complain if you don’t, but she licks your hand if you do. She also settles down to sleep faster. How do you know? She moans as she gets comfortable.
What weird habits do your dogs have? I am excited to hear a bunch of funny stories! Or, is it just my dogs?