On Wednesday, I decided in some ways to skip straight to Christmas as not even the weather seems to want to care to wait until after Thanksgiving to start talking about the biggest gift giving day of the year. It should come as no surprise that DIY gifts typically cost less than the ones you can pick up in the big box stores. Many times people prefer to get well thought out homemade gifts as they share more of the reason for gift giving: love. However, I am not very artistically gifted. My abilities to draw pretty much come down to any dog picture looking like a horse or giraffe and my abilities to keep lines straight can show why I could never and should never be an architect.
Photo credit: kevin dooley / Foter / CC BY
I see all of these really great pictures on Pinterest of these perfectly decorated cakes and so wish that I had the artistic skills to pull them off, but I have come to terms with the fact that my artistic skills will never ever match my visions. So, if you are like me, you are probably wracking your brain trying to come up with some DIY gift ideas that don’t highlight your artistic shortcomings while still not breaking the bank. So, I have been scouring the internet for you to bring you these options for some easy and inexpensive DIY ideas.
- 24 Delicious Food Gifts That Will Make Everyone Love You
- Lovable Card Deck
- DIY Mason Jar Candles from Something Turquoise
- 50 Homemade Gifts from Texas Crafty Kitchen (Warning! some are more craft intensive than others!)
- Cutting Board with Recipe from Nutfield Genalogy
- 25 Handmade Gifts under $5 from The 36th Avenue (Some require some skill, but many are pretty basic)
- 35 Easy DIY Gift Ideas Everyone will Love from Listotic
What are your gift plans for the holidays? Are you a make them early or buy last minute kind of person? Do you love to receive homemade gifts?